Monday, November 5, 2018

Christmas Greetings Tags with Karla Yungwirth

Hello friends! It’s Karla back today with a pretty set of Christmas tags using the lovely Chipboard Snowflakes #712 and Soda Fizz Stencil from the Southern Ridge Trading Company Shop. There are 12 - 1” snowflakes included in the pack, with 3 each of 4 different varieties! These are going to be a must-have for your Christmas and winter crafting!


Here are the steps I used to create these tags:


1) First, I used a Tim Holtz striped stencil to create a candy cane effect with Festive Berries Distress Oxide Ink. 


2) I used the STAMPtember Tim Holtz stamp set for most of the stamping. I heat embossed the Christmas Greetings sentiment using Emerald Creek Black Cherry Embossing Powder. 


3) Next I used the fabulous Southern Ridge Soda Fizz Stencil and some shimmery paste to add a textured, shiny detail to the upper part of the tag, above the sentiment. I think this stencil is one of my favs!! You can use it for snow, stars, bubbles, texture... so awesome!


4) I stamped the floral stamp on a white doily using black Archival Ink and then coloured in the outer leaves and flowers with Tombow and Distress Markers. I sponged Scattered Straw Distress Oxide around the edge of the doily and then misted it with Tattered Angels Iridescent Gold Glimmer Mist to add shine and blend the colours. 


5) I coloured directly on the bird stamp using Distress and Tombow Markers and then misted it lightly to create a watercolour effect when stamped. I then looped some twine and glued it to the center of the doily to create a nest. 


6)I used BoBunny stitching stamps to stamp directly on the red rick-rack and then again on the bottom of the tag. Then I stamped two buttons with Distress Oxide Ink and used foam tape to attach the bird to the doily, which I glued down with Tacky Glue. 


7) I used Archival Ink to stamp the music notes on seam binding ribbon before misting with red and blue Glimmer Mist. After misting, I crinkled it up and let it dry before tying it in a bow at the top of the tag. 


8) I painted the chipboard snowflakes with Paper Artsy paints and then heat embossed them with Emerald Creek Mermaid Fin Embossing Powder. I used some Ranger Matte Medium to glue the snowflake to the top of the tag. 


9) I finally added some SpiegelMom Scraps sequins and some Stickles for glimmer. My tags are now ready to send off for a fun little Christmas tag swap!

Here are some closeups for you. The glittery paste through the Soda Fizz stencil looks like icy drops on the background - so pretty!






I just love the detail on these snowflakes, and that you can easy customize them however you like. The blues i used in the paints and embossing powder coordinate with the ribbon, the stamped buttons and the bird. 


I really love the layered details of the stencils, stamps and embellishments. Don’t be afraid to alter, embellish and have fun!


Southern Ridge Trading Company Supplies Used:


Other Supplies Used:

- Tim Holtz for Ranger Ink: Distress Oxide Ink - Festive Berries & Scattered Straw, Blending Tool with Foam and Distress Markers
- Ranger Ink: Jet Black Archival Ink, Matte Medium and Stickles
- Imagine Crafts: VersaMark Ink
- Tim Holtz for Stampers Anonymous: Stamptember Stamp Set and Shifter Mint Layering Stencil
- Emerald Creek Craft Supplies: Black Cherry Embossing Powder and Magical Mysteries - Mermaid Fin Embossing Powder
- PaperArtsy: Fresco Finish Acrylic Paint - Venice Blue and Glacier Ice
- Tombow: Markers
- Bo Bunny: Stitching Stamps
- Tattered Angels: Glimmer Mist
- SpiegelMom Scraps - Sequins
- Misc: Shimmery Paste, Doily, Twine, Crinkle Ribbon and Red Rick-Rack

Thanks so much for stopping by today! Hope you have an awesome and super crafty week ahead! 

Hugs,
Karla












No comments:

Post a Comment