Monday, November 19, 2018

Merry Christmas Card with Karla Yungwirth

Hi friends, Karla back today with a masculine Christmas card using the awesome Multi Gear Stencil and Mini Wood Gears. I decided to try the Alcohol Lift technique and love how it turned out!


I started by adding Ranger Alcohol Ink to a piece of Yupo paper cut to fit my card. I grabbed a couple greens, a blue and a mushroom colour. As I dried the inks with my heat gun it pushed them around a bit. Then, I layered the Multi Gear Stencil on the background and put a bit of Alcohol Lift Reinker on a sponge. I lightly sponged all over the background and when I removed the Stencil I layered a baby wipe on top of the background- being careful not to rub, I just pressed it down and it pulled up the Ink colour. I then let it dry a bit and lightly buffed with a soft tissue to remove a little more ink. I stamped Merry Christmas with the Wild Whisper Christmas Comfort 4x4 stamp set directly on the background. 


I created a metallic effect on the Mini Wood Gears by embossing them with Emerald Creek Hammered Metal and Charred Gold Embossing Powders. I love this Jeep from the Wild Whisper Christmas Comfort 2x3 stamp set! I stamped it on kraft cardstock and coloured it in with Jane Davenport Magic Wand Coloured Pencils and added some Emerald Creek Pyrite Gemstones under the wheels. 


Southern Ridge Trading Company Supplies Used:


Other Supplies Used:

- Emerald Creek Craft Supplies: Hammered Metal Embossing Powder, Charred Gold Embossing Powder and Pyrite Gemstones
- Ranger Ink: Alcohol Ink, Yupo Paper and Alcohol Lift Reinker
- Wild Whisper: Christmas Comfort 2x3 & 4x4 Stamp Sets 
- Jane Davenport: Magic Wand Coloured Pencils

This was a quick and easy card to do, but one that will make people think you spent a long time making it! Grab your Southern Ridge Stencils and try it out!! 

- Karla



No comments:

Post a Comment