Wednesday, November 7, 2018

Lazy Summer Days Scrapbook Layout with Laura Gilhuly

Fall is here is full force – the leaves have changed, its rainy, and its cold at night....I miss summer

So I created a summer layout!


I started by trimming Tim Holtz papers then applied clear gesso to the front and back  of main sheet of paper so it does not curl.


I then used embossing paste through my new stencil from Southern Ridge.  I added some mocha embossing powder and then some blue tinsel embossing powder and heat set.  I then applied some turquoise and burnt sienna Brusho powders.  I sprayed with water and let the it dry 


Here you can see all the colours and dimension


 I created a line of flowers, shells, pearls and prills to go with the nautical theme


I love the title - it came with a really cute summer sun but it didn't end up suiting my layout so I trimmed it off.


The title I covered with ink then added the mocha embossing powder and the blue sparkle powder and heat set it.  I did it a few times until it looked like I wanted it to.  I put some turquoise Brusho powder on my work mat, sprayed with water then dabbed it on my title piece.

Southern Ridge Trading Company Supplies Used:

- Circle Stencil
- Lazy Summer Days
Thanks for stopping by
~Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment