Hello friends! Karla back today with a pretty wall hanging Christmas Stocking created with lots of fun goodies from the Southern Ridge Trading Company Shop – the Christmas Stocking, Snowflakes (comparable to THESE), Words Of Christmas and Holly Berry Branch. This was such a fun way to kick off December, and would be lovely to do as a family project too – having everyone customize their own stocking and add their names!
Here are the steps I used to decorate my stocking:
- I added sticky backed Cricut Vinyl with a pretty red pattern to the main part of the stocking and cut around the edge with a craft knife. Then, I did the same thing with white felt, tracing around it and cutting it out before adhering with a strong glue.
- I used a Distress Paint Dabber to paint the stocking loop green and glued on some fun green pom-pom trim. I think pom-poms make everything more fun!
- I glued on a toe and heel from white felt again and added faux stitching lines with Nuvo Crystal Drops.
- I painted the Holly Berry Branch with my shiny metallic paints – I’ve had these for 15 years! They worked great to cover the chipboard with a lovely sheen of colour!
- I coated the snowflakes with a wash of the white paint before adding them to the stocking.
- I painted the Noel from the Words of Christmas set with black paint and then brushed it lightly with white acrylic paint before adding some Liquid Applique. As soon as you heat the Liquid Applique it puffs up like real snow!
- I tucked some Mini Ephemera from the Tim Holtz idea-ology pack into the top of the stocking and added some Studio Katia sequins and Ranger Stickles – because you gotta glitter it at Christmas! A few drops of Glossy Accents to the berries and ephemera adds even more texture and dimension.
That finishes off this pretty Christmas stocking wall hanging! You could even use it as a beautiful tag to add to a special gift on the big day!
I hope you are enjoying the start of December, and get to take some crafty time for yourself!
Southern Ridge Trading Company Supplies Used:
- Snowflakes (comparable to THESE)
Other Supplies Used:
- Cricut Vinyl
- White Felt
- Pom-Pom Trim
- Tonic Studios: Nuvo - Silver Crystal Drops
- ArtQuest Stargazers Watercolor Palette
- Liquid Applique
- White Acrylic Paint
- Ranger Ink: Stickles, Glossy Accents and Tim Holtz Distress Paint
- Studio Katia: Sequins
- Tim Holtz Idea-ology: Mini Christmas Ephemera
Thanks so much for stopping by. Wishing you a very Merry Christmas!