Monday, March 30, 2020

Needle Book with Nancy Nickel

Hello, everyone!

It's Nancy here to show you a fun little Needle Book I created, 
using more fabulous chipboard from Southern Ridge Trading Company!

I've combined the Chipboard Tags

and some pieces from the  Dressmaker Mix.

Here it is:


Here's what I used to make it:


I began by heat embossing the sewing machine green, and the scissors silver.
I covered the front and back of the tag using some fun sewing themed papers.
I inked all the outside edges with green ink, and the inside edges with orange ink.
I added an orange eyelet, and a couple of buttons.


Here's the finished front and back cover.


Here's what I did on the inside:


I found a die shape that I liked,
and I used it to cut four pieces of white felt - two for each side.
Twice I stitched two pieces of felt together using orange thread. 
I then adhered the felt piece onto the inside of the finished tag.
I used liquid glue to do this, and kept the glue around the outside edges only,
right under the stitching. 


The two pieces of felt offer a nice cushion,
so it's very easy to slip your needles in.
I then added some more buttons.


Finally, I added a binder ring through the eyelets, 
and tied some matching ribbons around it.


I confess that I really love this fun needle book,
and I had a really great time putting it together!

Southern Ridge Trading Company Supplies Used:

Other Supplies Used:

- Bo Bunny: Pincushion Collection
- Emboss Ink
- Embossing Powder: Green and Silver
- Ink: Green and Orange
- Spellbinders Die: Labels 5
- White Felt
- Orange Thread
- Small Buttons: Green and Orange
- Orange Eyelets
- Offray Ribbon: Orange and White
* * * * *
Thanks so much for stopping by today!
Please come visit me at The Nickel Nook!
* * * * *

No comments:

Post a Comment