Monday, March 2, 2020

Foiled Tag Wall Hanging with Karla Yungwirth

Hello friends, it’s Karla back today with a fun project using a Chipboard Tag,  6”x6” Star Stencil and the Primitive Stars Chipboard. I’ve been having a great time with the new icraft /Thermoweb DecoFoil Transfer Gel Duo and Foils, so I thought I’d combine them with these fun SRTC products and a Simple Stories inspirational quote to make a foiled tag wall hanging.


I started by cutting down the 6x8 piece of Simple Stories paper to fit the chipboard tag. Then I used the DecoFoil pen to colour in the areas of the letters and applied Ranger Foil and DecoFoil by allowing it to dry for a couple minutes and then pressing the foils on. The Ranger foil will work with the pressure of your hand, but the DecoFoil needs to be put through a diecut machine - so I used my Cuttlebug. I achieved a variegated colour by pressing parts of different colours of the Ranger foil to each letter and then running it through the Cuttlebug with Iridescent DecoFoil over top.  I then used the star stencil and the transfer gel to apply a thin layer of gel to various areas of the background. By using washi tape I was able to do only 2 stars at a time. After that dried, about an hour, I used the Cuttlebug again to press the DecoFoil on. I used 2 extra pieces of cardstock as shims and ran it through as if I was using a steel die.


In a similar way, I used the deco foil pen to coat the chipboard stars (which come in a set of 18!) and then applied Lapis Watercolor DecoFoil to the top, running it through my diecut machine to adhere. The chipboard is thin enough that it ran through the machine using only the plates I would normally use with steel dies.


I glued the tag paper to the chipboard, trimmed any excess and inked the edges with Kraftin’ Kimmie Krafty Kolours Ink.


I added some white rope from the dollar store to the top of the tag, and glued on the stars , using foam tape to pop some up.


A few Wild Whisper sequins finished off this inspirational tag, which I can hang on my wall or give as a gift!


Southern Ridge Trading Company Supplies Used:

- Chipboard Tag

Other Supplies Used:

- Simple Stories Patterned Paper
- Thermoweb/iCraft DecoFoil: Transfer Gel Duo, Pen and Foils
- Ranger Ink: Foils
- Wild Whisper Designs: Sequins
- Kraftin’ Kimmie: Krafty Kolours Ink
- Cuttlebug Machine
- White Rope – Dollarama
Thanks so much for stopping by! I hope you have an amazing week ahead!
Hugs,
Karla

2 comments:

  1. Organic swing tags can be used to promote and enhance your items at competitive rates. These tags come in various sizes, styles, designs, shapes, and colors. I saw this journal when Eileen came to the UK and it is stunning. Foiled Swing tags are used as a promotional product. These swings tags are utilized in different ways for the marketing purposes. Our company is providing these foiled swing tags with the customization options. In this way, the customer’s satisfaction is fully fulfilled.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our Director has personal Printing Experience for SKy Custom Box & Stickers. We assure you Guarantee & Satisfaction of Product you are looking for. If you are looking to Launch your New brand Name, you are on right place, as Kylie, Kim Kardishian & many more brands we have developed in Market.

    ReplyDelete