Sunday, March 15, 2020

Easter Basket Card with Nancy Nickel

Hi, everyone!
It's Nancy here today with a fun Easter Basket Card,
using some fabulous items from Southern Ridge Trading Company!

This time I've combined the Detailed Easter Eggs

along with some Foliage Pieces.
I've also used the fun Basket Weave Stencil.

Here's my card:



Aren't the eggs gorgeous?
I knew that I wanted to create an Easter basket to put my eggs in.
I found a basket cut file, and adapted it to fit my 5 1/2" square card.
I cut the basket from yellow cardstock, 
and stenciled the design in a darker shade of yellow.


I wanted my basket to look full, so I traced around the chipboard eggs, 
and cut some eggs from pastel coloured cardstock.
I created a card base from the light yellow cardstock,
and added a background panel of very pale blue.


I wanted to give the basket some shape and dimension on the card.
I curled the shape with my fingers,
and then used adhesive along with foam tape to adhere it in place. 
I left some of the basket handle free, to add more dimension.


I coloured the chipboard pieces with various pastel shades of glitter glue:
yellow, turquoise, pink, and green.
They are so pretty and sparkly!


Once the chipboard was all dry, I added two of the eggs in place in the basket.
I tucked the cardstock eggs in behind, and added some foliage pieces.
I added the pink egg, along with one more foliage piece, outside the basket.
Finally, I added a pretty sheer bow to the basket handle.


 These eggs are so intricate and beautiful!
There are lots of ways to create an Easter project with them!

Southern Ridge Trading Company Products:

Other Materials Used:

- AC Cardstock
- Basket Cut File - Easter Egg Treat Basket
- Tim Holtz for Ranger Ink: Scattered Straw Distress Ink
- Glitter Glue: Yellow, Turquoise, Pink, and Green
- Celebrate It Ribbon

* * * * *
Thanks so much for stopping by today!
I'll be back soon with more creative fun!

* * * * *

No comments:

Post a Comment