Monday, August 13, 2018

Amazing Scrapbook Layout with Katelyn Grosart

Hey Southern Ridge Trading Company fans, Katelyn here. For today's post, I'm excited to share with you my Amazing Scrapbook Layout. This layout is special to me as they are photos of Butchart Gardens where my now fiance proposed to me. The pictures are of the beautiful rose garden.  So to embellish my layout, I featured a variety of our popular and frames and words. You'll want to read below as I share with you how I embellished the chipboard pieces for my layout.


To start, I applied two coats of Spun Sugar Distress Paint to the Oval Arrow Frame. Once the paint had dried, I applied Walnut Stain Distress Crayon to the frame and rubbed it in with my finger.


For the Rod Iron Circle Frame, I applied a coat of Emboss It Ink to the frame. Sprinkle Glacier White Embossing Powder over top of the frame. Tap off the excess powder and emboss with a heat tool.


Choose and cut out two butterflies from the Small Butterfly Mix. Apply a coat of Emboss It Ink to both butterflies. Sprinkle Light Pink Embossing Powder over each butterfly. Tap off the excess powder and emboss with a heat tool. 


The last chipboard element I embellished was the Amazing Fun Word. Using a blending tool with foam, blend Ground Espresso Distress Ink over the entire surface of the word. 


After all of my fussy cut flowers have been adhered, I adhered one of the embossed butterflies in the top right side of the flowers. Once the top right butterfly is adhered, adhere the other butterfly in the bottom left side of the flowers.


Adhere one of the photos to the Oval Arrow Frame and then foam square the frame on the top left side of the flowers. Adhere the other photo to the rod iron circle frame and then adhere the frame to the right of the oval arrow frame.


With the frames adhered, adhere the amazing word over top of each frame. 


To finish off around the frames and word, I adhered a variety of pink and white roses.


 Southern Ridge Trading Company Supplies Used:

- Roses: 15mm - White
- Roses: 10mm - White, Light Pink and Pink

Other Supplies Used:

- Emerald Creek Craft Supplies: Glacier White Embossing Powder and Light Pink Embossing Powder
- Tim Holtz for Ranger Ink: Distress Ink - Ground Espresso, Distress Paint - Spun Sugar, Distress Crayon - Walnut Stain and Blending Tool with Foam
- Ranger Ink: Emboss It Ink Dabber
- Graphic 45: Floral Shoppe - Indigo Lilies, Verdant Blossoms, Midnight Medley, Scarlet Serenity and Sunlit Medley
- Tombow: Mono Multi Liquid Glue
- Misc: Flowers - White, Lace and Heat Tool

Until Next Time!

- Katelyn









No comments:

Post a Comment