Hello there Southern Ridge fans! Emma here to share with you a fun art piece I’ve created with the oh-so-versatile chipboard pieces we all love.
I’ve used canvas paper for my base this time; if you haven’t tried it out I would highly recommend it. It’s very heavy weight (180lb / 296 gsm), which means you can use all kinds of liquid media on it. Plus, it has the texture of a real canvas that gives a little more interest to your art than a simple plain piece of paper.
This background colour happened by accident, as I was experimenting with colours for another project. This scheme didn’t suit the other project, so I put it aside. (There’s quite a few layers of colour on that paper.. I’m not sure I could recreate it again exactly, but that’s the fun of experimenting).
I felt that the kind of fantasy twilight glow would perfectly suit black silhouettes, so that inspired me to use the fairy and butterfly pieces. To create the black sparkle on the chipboard, I used Emerald Creek Onyx Frost Allure embossing powder. I then added some stamps on the background in white, grey, brown and black to enhance the twilight atmosphere. Some sequins gave the finishing touches here and there.
Southern Ridge Trading Company Supplies Used:
Other Supplies Used:
- Emerald Creek Craft Supplies: Onyx Frost Embossing Powder
- Bienfang Canvas Paper
- Paper Artsy / Seth Apter Fresco Finish Paint: Snowflake, Spanish Mulberry, Glacier Ice, Steel Grey and Venice Blue
- Crafter’s Companion: Stamps
- Imagine Crafts: Versamark Watermark Ink, Versafine Ink - Black Onyx and Memento Ink - London Fog
- Wild Whisper Designs: Wood Heart and Sequins
- Close to my Heart Ink: White Daisy and Slate
- Ranger Ink: Archival Ink - Coffee
Thanks for visiting Southern Ridge today, I hope you are inspired to create something with silhouettes.
~~ Emma ~~