Wednesday, August 15, 2018

Steampunk Wreath with Erin Quiding-Sampson


Hello šŸ˜Š I’m back this week to share with you, my newest, favourite project. My steampunk wreath!  
To start off this wreath, I used a 12-inch wreath frame and a roll of deco mesh.




I used pipe cleaners to hold the mesh onto the frame. I then added some gold and silver tulle that I cut into 8-inch-long pieces, folded them in half lengthwise and fastened the center onto the wreath, with more pipe cleaners.




Next, I used embossing ink on my chipboard pieces and covered them all with emerald creek embossing powder, in Patina Oxide (can I just say, you NEED to try this embossing powder with our chipboard!! Its fantastic!)



After the pieces were embossed and cooled off, I sprayed them with a teal shimmer spray. I set those aside and worked on my top hat. I sprayed the top hat with 2 tones of chocolate shimmer spray and added some feathers to the back of it.
I then got out the trusty glue gun – I added the large Steampunk piece, the cogs, the hat and a few peacock feathers.
To finish it off I added a large pipe cleaner to the back for hanging.


Southern Ridge Trading Company Products:


Thanks for stopping in today!
~ Erin


No comments:

Post a Comment