Happy August everyone! Yes, you read that right, it says August! Where is the summer going? Cathy here with my newest project today.
A storage container that will jazz up your creative space! I used the Eileen Hull Canister Die as my base for the amazing vintage sewing pieces from SRTC.
I cut out my pieces, used double sided tape (Be Creative Tape) to put them together and then painted my base colours of Distress Paint in Vintage Photo and Ground Espresso.
While that was drying I coloured my dress form from the Wire Dress Form Kit with Distress Oxide Inks and stained white lace with Distress Spray Stain.
I cut pieces of the TH Ecetera Paper Stash for the 4 sides, the paper has old patterns and rulers on it. On the lighter paper I embossed the whole piece with Baked Texture in Vintage Beeswax and edged all pieces with Ground Espresso.
My SRTC Dressmaker Mix pieces were embossed with a number of Emerald Creek powders (all listed below) and my Mini Wooden Rulers were sponged with Distress Ink.
Then it was time to put all the pieces together! I think this may be one of my favourite projects!
Here are a few close ups of the dress form. I added the necklace using tiny beads I had in my stash.
The legs on my container are old wooden spools I had and then embossed with Baked Texture Patina Oxide.
Southern Ridge Trading Company Products Used:
- Seth Apter Baked Texture Embossing Powder: Patina Oxide, Ancient Amber and Vintage Beeswax
- Emerald Creek Embossing Powder: Hammered Metal, Charred Gold, Salted Raven, Burnt Copper Leaves
- Tim Holtz for Ranger Ink: Distress Paint - Vintage Photo & Ground Espresso, Distress Oxides- Walnut Stain, Tea Dye, Seedless Preserves, Old Paper & Stormy Sky and Distress Spray - Peeled Paint, Antiqued Bronze, Tea Dye, Broken China and Milled Lavender
- Tim Holtz Ideaology: Etcetera Paper
- Eileen Hull for Sizzix: Canister Die
Thanks for stopping buy and make sure you check out all the gorgeous vintage images that Southern Ridge Trading Company offers!