Wednesday, July 4, 2018

Sweet Ballerina Mini Layout with Erin Quiding-Sampson


Hello today I’m sharing a card that could also be used as a mini layout. It would look great on the wall, in a frame or sitting on a mini easel as shown in the photos.




To create this card, I used one chipboard ballerina from Lil Ballerinas and the word Sweet from Word Mix 2. I prepped them with a thin coat of Gesso.

While those were drying, I cut the card pieces out of 110lb card stock and some co-ordinating papers from Lawn Fawn.

The sizes are as follows:

Pink - 5 by 5 inch
White - 4 ½ by 4 ½
Decorative paper - 4 ¼ by 4 ¼
Pink - 4 by 4
White - 3 ½ by 3 ½

I also used my silhouette machine to cut out the word Ballerina with the decorative paper x2 so that I could stack them and add some dimension and sturdiness to the letters.


I painted the word Sweet and the Ballerina with a mix of 1 part white and 2 parts pink. I then used the same paint mix to colour some flower petals to create a tutu for the lil ballerina.
I allowed the pieces to dry, then cut the flower petal to fit around the waist and stacked the pieces to create a puffy tutu.


I stacked the first 3 layers centered, then the next 2 on an angle.


I glued down the Ballerina and the words’ Sweet Ballerina.


To finish it all off I added some iridescent glitter glue to the ballerina’s waist, star, tiara, slippers and both words.

I plan to add a photo of the recipient before the card is gifted.

Southern Ridge Trading Company Products Used:


Other Products Used:
- Tombow Multi Glue
- DecoArt Acrylic Paint: White and Pink
- Studio G: Iridescent Glitter Glue
- White Gesso
- Flower Petals
- Lawn Fawn: 6" x 6" paper
- Recollections: 110 lb Cardstock

Thanks for stopping in,
Erin

No comments:

Post a Comment