Monday, July 9, 2018

Create From Your Soul Wall Hanging with Cathy Potosky

It's July and the sun is shining and making me melty if I go outside! So I'll turn on my little fan and stay in my craft room.

I am in the process of reorganizing my craft room, and the space in front of my desk is blank! Thanks to some great pieces from SRTC, I now have something to fill that space and inspire me!

This project is very simple, but I just fell in love with the chipboard piece "Create from your soul". I also love shimmer so I painted all my pieces with the Finnabair Art Alchemy Paints. The chipboard takes this paint so beautifully, it's amazing.

I wanted to keep most of my purple shimmer but to tone it down just a bit, so I just used my finger and rubbed some Finnabair Amethyst Magic Wax randomly over my piece. I love the effect I got with it.




While the wax dried a bit I painted the Pearl Strings with my Finnabair paints and did the strand with TH Distress Crayon in Brushed Pewter.




I put these pieces aside and gessoed a piece of wood that I had in my stash using the thick Black Gesso from Finnabair and then sponged and stenciled using TH Brushed Pewter Paint.


Once that was dry (and paint takes a long time to dry when it's crazy hot in my room) I attached my chipboard with Glossy Accents.


I am so happy with this one, simple, shimmery and will be a nice reminder on my wall. And seriously, the Pearl Strings...I will need to order more!! I want those strings on everything! In every colour!


Southern Ridge Trading Company Products Used:


Other Supplies Used:

- Finnabair Art Alchemy Paints: Iris Potion, Ginger Magic, Mermaid Sparkle, Butterfly Spells, Magical Pond and Fairy Wings
- Finnabair Wax in Amethyst Magic
- Tim Holtz Distress Crayon in Brushed Pewter
- Tim Holtz Distress Paint in Brushed Pewter

Thanks for stopping by and make sure you head over to SRTC and check out all the amazing words and phrases there and "create from your soul" something that will inspire you all the time.

- Cathy








No comments:

Post a Comment