Monday, July 16, 2018

Journey Mini Album with Katelyn Grosart

Hey Southern Ridge Trading Company fans, Katelyn here. For today's post, I'm thrilled to share with you my Journey Mini Album that's perfect to add your own photos to or to give as a gift.  To embellish my Journey Mini Album, I featured a variety of our popular and western themed chipboard pieces. You'll want to read below as I share with you how I embellished the chipboard pieces for my mini album.




Here's the front cover of my mini album. For the base of my mini album, I used the plain chipboard mini album available on our website. The mini album measures 3 7/8" x 7 3/4".


To embellish around the photo, I used the Oval Chain Frame and three Mini Wood Horseshoes. The oval chain has two coats of Walnut Stain Distress Paint on it and the mini wood horseshoes were left plain. For the Journey Fun Word, I embossed it using Burnt Copper Leaves.


To embellish the top right side of my mini album, I used three Plain Banner and covered them with patterned paper.


Here's page 1 & 2.


To embellish the left side of Page 1, I cut out one of the cowboy boots from the Boots. I embossed it using Burnt Copper Leaves Embossing Powder. I chose one of the horses comes from the Horse Mix. To colour the horse, I used two coats of Walnut Stain Distress Paint.


To embellish the photo mat I used the Elegant Vintage Flourishes and Wood Horse Shoes. The elegant vintage flourish is embossed with the Weathered Wood Embossing Powder and the two wood horse shoes are embossed with Burnt Copper Leaves Embossing Powder. To add some extra interest to the flourish I added some flowers. To embellish around the two horse shoes, I added some fussy cut images and flowers.


Here's page 3 & 4.


In the top left corner of the photo mat I layered a Elegant Vintage Flourish embossed with Weathered Wood Embossing Powder and a Wood Horse Shoe embossed with Burnt Copper Leaves Embossing Powder. To decorate the banner, I blended Ground Espresso Distress Ink over two Mini Wood Horse Shoes.


For page four, I repeated the same embellishments. This time the flourish and wood horse shoe is in the bottom right hand corner of the photo. Add two more wood horse shoes to the banner at the top of the page. 


Here's page 5 & 6.


For the bottom of the photo mat, I embossed an Elegant Vintage Flourish with Burnt Copper Leaves Embossing Powder. Once the flourish was adhered at the bottom of the photo mat, I added a few flowers. 


On the same page in the top left hand corner, I added two Mini Wood Horse Shoes which I blended Ground Espresso Distress Ink on to. 


On page.6 I used the Scroll Borders and two Wood Horse Shoes. I blended Ground Espresso Distress Ink over the Scroll border. To embellish the Wood Horse Shoes, I embossed Burnt Copper Leaves Embossing Powder. I adhere the border down first and then the horse shoes over top of it.


And here is the back cover of my Journey Mini Album.


 Southern Ridge Trading Company Supplies Used:

Boots
- Chipboard Mini Album

Other Supplies Used:

- Emerald Creek Craft Supplies: Burnt Copper Leaves Embossing Powder and Weathered Wood Embossing Powder
- Tim Holtz for Ranger Ink: Distress Ink - Ground Espresso, Distress Paint - Walnut Stain and Blending Tool with Foam
- Ranger Ink: Emboss It Ink Dabber
- Authentique: Frontier - Frontier 1, Frontier 2, Frontier 3, Frontier 4, Frontier 5, Frontier 6, Frontier 7, Frontier 8 and Frontier 9
- Tombow: Mono Multi Liquid Glue
- Misc: Flowers - Blue, White, Cream & Red and Heat Tool

Until Next Time!

- Katelyn







2 comments: