Wednesday, July 3, 2019

Dream Scrapbook Layout with Karla Yungwirth

Hello friends! Karla here today with a bright and colourful layout using the 6x6 Navajo Stencil, the Dreamcatcher Chipboard and the medium Dream Fun Word from the Southern Ridge Trading Company Shop. I had fun embellishing the chipboard pieces with embossing powders and added even more sparkle with sparkly texture paste and the cool stencil. I love how many different pieces are available in the shop – I think you’ll find pretty much everything to match your own photos and make a personalized scrapbook layout.


I started off by stenciling Vicki Boutin’s Color Kaleidoscope Iridescent Texture Paste over the SRTC Navajo Stencil. Just by using a palette knife and roughly spreading it on I got a great texture, and I love the bits of iridescent pieces in this paste! This is the Medium sized stencil, which is 6x6” but there is also a 3x3” and a 12x12” size available!


Next, I customized the chipboard pieces with Emerald Creek Embossing Powders. By using a Ranger Emboss It Dauber I added sticky embossing ink to the chipboard and simply poured on the desired  powder. I used Northern Lights and Charred Gold on the Dream Fun Word for my layout title – I love how they mix! Then, I used colours similar to the dream catcher my daughter made in the photo to colour the Dreamcatcher Chipboard piece – Lapis Lazuli, Black Magic and Northern Lights again.  The chipboard pieces are so detailed and beautifully cut!


I am using a kit from Scrapbook & Cards Today, and I love how the stencil and chipboard pieces work so beautifully together with it! I used a sketch that came in the kit and since all the papers are already matched it came together quite quickly. I love how the sparkly heart enamel dots coordinate with the sparkle on the chipboard and the paste.


There are many Fun Word chipboard pieces available in the shop – so perfect to add as a title to a layout!! Plus, you can get several sizes so if you want to use them on a card or home décor piece you also have options. I also love stencils because of their versatility – there are so many ways to use them too!



Southern Ridge Trading Company Supplies Used:


Other Supplies Used:

- Scrapbook & Cards Today: Blue Skies Scrapbook Kit
- Vicki Boutin Color Kaleidoscope Iridescent Texture Paste
- Emerald Creek Embossing Powders: Northern Lights, Charred Gold, Boho Blends - Lapis Lazuli & Molten Dimension - Black Magic

Thanks so much for stopping by today! I hope seeing how I created this page gives you some ideas to use stencils and chipboard on scrapbook layouts. I hope you have an awesome week and have lots of fun creating!!

Hugs,
Karla






No comments:

Post a Comment