Monday, March 11, 2019

Beautiful Memories Scrapbook Layout with Karla Yungwirth


Hello! It’s Karla back today with a pretty Spring-like scrapbook layout using the sweet Butterfly Wings Stencil, Butterfly Swirl Combo chipboard pack and Spring Butterfly Wreath chipboard from the Southern Ridge Trading Company Shop. It seems like the winter has gone on forever here in Calgary, Alberta, and I for one, am really ready for warmer weather. Interestingly, the photo in this layout was taken in December, but the flowers and butterflies coordinate with the lovely flowers in my sister and her daughter’s hair.


I decided to experiment with Distress Crayons to alter the chipboard pieces and love how they turned out! I’ll be doing a video for my next post to show you exactly how I did it 😉 I started off by rubbing various colours of Distress Crayons directly on the chipboard, and then smoothing the colour out with my finger, applying one colour at a time. I found by having a baby wipe handy I could slightly wet my finger to help with the blending, while not oversaturating the chipboard. I covered the surface with a coat of Tattered Angels Chalk Chalkboard Mist that I put into a waterbrush applicator. It is semi-opaque and has a gorgeous shimmer effect!


I recently picked up some of Vicki Boutin’s new Iridescent Texture Paste and decided to try it through the Butterfly Stencil. On the teal cardstock I used a palette knife and added the yummy paste directly on the background. On the bottom left I first used Distress Oxide Inks to add colour with a sponge through the stencil, traced around the inside openings with a black pen, and then added the Texture Paste. I added some pretty gems to create a body. I just love how these turned out!


The butterflies and swirls all look so wonderful combined with the Jen Hadfield Along The Way collection and Simple Stories Spring Farmhouse floral elements. I hope you’ll try out some of these techniques to embellish your own chipboard!



Southern Ridge Trading Company Supplies Used:


Other Supplies Used:

- Jen Hadfield Along The Way collection from Scrap Shotz Kit Club
- Simple Stories: Spring Farmhouse Floral Bits & Pieces, Bow Paperclips and Chipboard Stickers
- Tim Holtz for Ranger Ink: Distress Crayons and Distress Oxide Ink
- Tattered Angels: Chalk Chalkboard Mist
- Buttons Galore & More: Sequin Mix
- Vicki Boutin:  Iridescent Texture Paste

Thanks so much for stopping by. I hope you have a wonderful, crafty week ahead ❤
Hugs, Karla







No comments:

Post a Comment