Monday, March 25, 2019

Wish Scrapbook Layout with Karla Yungwirth

Hello friends! Karla back today with a pretty spring layout using beautiful chipboard pieces from the Dandelion Seed Stems and Butterfly Swirl Combo sets along with the pretty Loop Stencil available at the Southern Ridge Trading Company Shop. These were all so perfect to coordinate with this sweet photo of my daughter blowing dandelion seeds at a park near a local farmers market! I love being able to alter the chipboard – even though it is gorgeous as is! I was easily able to customize it to coordinate with the spring colours I used on this layout.


I used the same technique from my last post where I covered the chipboard pieces with Ranger Distress Crayons, blended them with my finger, and then added a coat of Tattered Angels Chalk Chalkboard Mist that I put into an old waterbrush. I really love the effect this creates on the chipboard, adding colour and then a layer of beautiful shimmer! You can see exactly how I do this in the video linked at the bottom of the post.


I used the pretty 3x3” Loop Stencil, which is also available as a 6x6” or 12x12” size, to create a shimmery background effect behind the dandelion chipboard by spreading Shimmerz glimmer paste through it with a palette knife. I love how iridescent it looks!


You can find the video showing you just how I created this layout, along with the process I used to alter the chipboard, here - https://youtu.be/dd1Hh1nczjU

Southern Ridge Trading Company Supplies Used:


Other Supplies Used:

- Simples Stories: Spring Farmhouse collection
- Ranger Ink: Distress Crayons and Distress Oxide Ink
- Tattered Angels: Chalk Chalkboard Mist
- Cricut Explore and Cricut cut files
- Sequins from Studio Katia and Buttons Galore
- Shimmerz Glimmer Paste

Thanks so much for stopping by today! I hope you have a wonderful, crafty week ahead.
Hugs,
Karla




No comments:

Post a Comment