Monday, February 11, 2019

Chilly Days Scrapbook Layout with Karla Yungwirth

Hello friends! Karla back today with a Chilly Days layout using two different sizes of snowflake chipboard pieces, a beautiful Snow Flourish Chipboard Frame and a Chicken Wire Stencil from the Southern Ridge Trading Company Shop. It has been very chilly lately here in Calgary, Alberta, and a great time to stay inside and do some cozy crafting! The February sketch from the Creative Scrapbooker Sketchy Gallery was the perfect starting point for this layout.


I picked out some wintery papers and embellishments from the Simple Stories Freezin’ Season collection. I love the soft colours and fun sentiments in this collection!


I used some BoBunny stitching stamps to add a faux zigzag stitch around my layout. Then I added some ink around the edges of my layers to add even more interest. The large snowflakes from the Snowflake 714 pack just pop with some Distress Oxide Ink and Ranger Bridal Tinsel embossing powder. I love the packs of Snowflakes from the SRTC Shop!


I chose two of the smaller snowflakes from the Snowflakes 712 pack and embossed them with Ranger Snowflake Tinsel embossing powder – a fun white powder with silver flecks. I recently picked up some Ranger Liquid Pearls and decided to try them as embellishments along with some fun sequins. I love how they dry!


I added just a bit of Distress Oxide Ink through the SRTC Chicken Wire Stencil in a couple of places on the layout. Here you can see it just peeking out on the white cardstock above the frame. I love that you can get this stencil in 3 different sizes! Just like the large snowflakes, I inked the Snow Flourish Oval Frame with Distress Oxide Inks and embossed it with Ranger Bridal Tinsel embossing powder, which is a translucent powder that allows the ink colours to show through – so pretty!


Southern Ridge Trading Company Supplies Used:


Other Supplies Used:

- Ranger Ink: Embossing Powders - Bridal Tinsel, Snowflake TinselDistress Oxide Inks
and Liquid Pearls
- Simple Stories: Freezin’ Season Paper & Embellishments
- Sequins by Brutus Munroe, Pretty Pink Posh, Studio Katia
- BoBunny Stitching Stamps
- Bazzill Cardstock

Thanks so much for stopping by today. I hope you’re keeping warm and cozy, and doing lots of crafting too! Have a great week friends.
Hugs,
Karla





No comments:

Post a Comment