Monday, February 25, 2019

Coffee Card with Faux Patina and Stenciling Techniques by Karla Yungwirth


Hi friends! Karla here today with a pretty coffee card to share with you today. I’ve got some fun techniques to show you too - how to create a faux patina with foil on chipboard and a couple of different stencil techniques. As soon as I saw this Southern Ridge Trading Company stencil I started thinking about coffee rings! I started off by using the Intersecting Circles Stencil and Distress Oxide Inks to sponge a background on white cardstock. Then I stamped on a fun image from an Emerald Creek Craft Supplies coffee stamp – embossing with the super yummy smelling Aroma Powders in Java and Canadian Maple.


I had a lot of fun creating a faux patina effect on these fabulous SRTC Primitive Stars Chipboard by first adding a layer of glue from the Quickie Glue Pen. The glue in this pen dries to a tacky consistency if left to air dry.  This is definitely what you want – and you want to set your chipboard aside to dry completely. After the glue dried I started layering on several different gold and metallic foils, pressing down in different areas, and then added a beautiful teal blue foil to create the patina look. You can always add more of the Quickie Glue Pen to areas you want to add more foil to. You’ll be able to see the process I use to create the finish in the video linked at the end.


Inside, I tried another stenciling technique to create the coffee ring look. I smooshed some Ground Espresso Distress Oxide Ink on my craft mat, added a spritz of water, and laid the stencil directly into the ink. I then picked it up and laid it on a piece of cardstock that I planned to put inside the card. The stencil pattern transferred onto the cardstock and I had perfect coffee rings! I added a stamped coffee sentiment and embossed it again with Emerald Creek Embossing Powder.


I finished off the card by colouring another layer of the coffee cup with Zig Clean Color Real Brush Markers and popping it up with foam dots. A bit of shiny gold thread looped under the cup and some pretty sequins and embellishments add just a bit more bling! Now my card is ready to give to someone as a special thank you – maybe with a little coffee gift card!


I’m sharing a video of the process I used to create this Thank You Coffee Card  here – https://youtu.be/oDKT0tNNkEY

Southern Ridge Trading Company Supplies Used:


Other Supplies Used:

- Emerald Creek Craft Supplies: Java Aroma Embossing Powder, Canadian Maple Aroma Embossing Powder and Coffee Sign Board Stamp
- Ranger Ink: Distress Oxide Inks and Foils
- Buttons Galore and More Sequin Embellishment Packs
- Quickie Glue Pen
- Your Next Stamp Sentiment Stamps
- Zig Clean Color Real Brush Markers

Thanks so much for stopping by today! I’d love to hear what these techniques inspire you to create. Have an awesome week friends!

Hugs,
Karla





No comments:

Post a Comment