Monday, October 22, 2018

Fall Mini Album with Karla Yungwirth

Hello friends! Karla back today to share a Fall mini album using a brand new Chipboard Mini Album that will be in the Southern Ridge Shop soon! 


Last October our family went to Fish Creek Park in Calgary, Alberta to get family photos done. It was such a lovely fall day we decided to take advantage of the weather and the autumn colours and get some of our own pictures too! This album was perfect to document our day and scrapbook those pics!


The album has 6 thick chipboard pages with two holes in each one to add rings or string through. 

I found an older Simple Stories collection- Pumpkin Spice, in my stash and it was perfect to add to the album along with some Recollections fall papers. 


I even added a few flaps using some of the journaling cards in the cut apart sheet. 




I glued on the patterned paper with tacky glue by first tracing around each chipboard page, cutting out the shape and punching holes to match the album. Once I had glued it down I used a craft knife to trim off any extra paper. 


I used both the SRTC Soda Fizz and the Multi Gear Stencil to add Distress Oxide Ink details with a sponge tool on top of the patterned papers. 


I love how sturdy these pages are! I used two metal rings in my stash to connect all the pages together. 


Each page of the album gradually gets larger so you get a cool effect when you see it from the front. There’s lots of space to add fun photos and embellishments. 


Those stencilled details add a fun and cohesive look throughout the album. 




I added some of the wood veneer gears to various areas of the album - on the cover (above) I even turned one into a flower! Don’t be afraid to look at any shapes in your stash and see what different ways you can use them. 


I love the diecut border edges - they add so much interest!




I even decorated the back cover. This was such a fun project to do!


Southern Ridge Trading Company Supplies Used:

- Chipboard Mini Album (coming soon)
- Mini Wood Gears
- Soda Fizz Stencil
- Multi Gear Stencil

Other Supplies Used:

- Simple Stories: Pumpkin Spice Collection


Thanks for stopping by today! I hope this has given you some ideas to create your own mini album -be sure to check out the Southern Ridge Shop and see what inspires you. Have an awesome week! 

- Karla











1 comment:

  1. AWESOME Mini Album! LOVE the papers and designs on each page.. the photos are fantastic! Beautiful work Karla!

    Theresa

    ReplyDelete