Monday, October 8, 2018

Mini Halloween Banner with Karla Yungwirth

Hello! It’s Karla here today, and I’m so excited to be joining the Southern Ridge Trading Company Design Team! I’m starting off with a fun Mini Halloween Banner tutorial using the Happy Halloween Chipboard set, the Soda Fizz Stencil and the Herringbone Stencil from the SRTC Shop. 


I had a lot of fun embellishing the awesome Halloween creatures from the Happy Halloween Chipboard set using Emerald Creek Embossing Powders. They are so beautifully detailed! 


The stencils worked perfectly to add paint details using Paper Artsy acrylic paints on Canvas Corp banners. I used a simple sponge with the Herringbone stencil to create a neat v-shape. 


The Soda Fizz stencil is really cool with all different sizes of bubbles! I’m thinking of all different kinds of ways I can use this one!! I sprayed Tattered Angels Mists over the banner backgrounds and some Little Birdie Crafts handmade flowers to customize the colours. I even used some Emerald Creek stamps directly on the canvas before adding these amazing chipboard pieces as my finishing touch! 


This mini banner will make a fun addition to the Halloween decor on my mantel, and I hope it gives you some inspiration to create something spooky!


Here’s a look at the video where you can see the process I used to put this fun banner together-



Southern Ridge Trading Company Supplies Used:



Thanks so much for stopping by today! I hope you have a wonderful, crafty week!

- Karla


No comments:

Post a Comment