Monday, June 11, 2018

Top Hat with Cathy Potosky

Happy June everyone! Hope the month has been treating you all well and you're ready for the summer. And in the summer, it's a good idea to wear a hat to keep that sun off your head.

With that in mind, my project this month features the Top Hat as the base. It's one of my favourite pieces and you can dress it up in so many ways.

I used collage medium and TH Correspondence paper as my base layer and then embossed the whole hat with the Baked Texture Vintage Beeswax. I then went back over it with different Baked Texture Embossing Powders for some more layers. After it was completely cooled, I added mixed media medium with a stencil and once it was tacky, I foiled it with Champagne foil from DecoArt.


Once I had my base ready I started adding my colour to my other pieces. I used 1 of the Butterfly Mix and 2 pieces from the Butterfly Swirl Combo

On one butterfly I covered it with white gesso before I added Ken Oliver's Liquid Metals for colour, on the second butterfly I used the Liquid Metals straight on the chipboard and I love the bit more muted colour I got. 




Another one of my favourite pieces is the butterfly swirl. This piece was painted with Dylusions, Finnabair Wax and Liquid Metals.


I used Glossy Accents to attach my butterflies. Once they were in place I added the TH quote chip and a few TH Baubles that I dyed with alcohol ink.


Here are a few close ups of the finished project. I love the shimmer.


Southern Ridge Trading Company Supplies Used:


Other Supplies Used:

Emerald Creek Craft Supplies: Baked Texture Embossing Powders by Seth Apter in Vintage Beeswax, Chunky Rust, Patina Oxide and Ancient Amber
- Ken Oliver Liquid Metals: Emerald, Coral, Peridot, Quartz and Turquoise
- Dylusions Paint: Laidback Lilac and Dylusions Mica Spray - Crushed Grape
- Finnabair Antique Brilliance Wax: Amethyst Magic and Aged Bronze
- Rebekah Meier Mixed Media Medium
- TCW Rebekah Meier Mini three Tags Stencil
- DecoArt Foil: Champagne
- Tim Holtz/Ideaology: Quote Chips and Baubles 
- Tim Holtz for Ranger Ink: Alcohol Ink - Amethyst and Turquoise

Thanks for stopping by and be sure to come back to see what the DT has to share with you. And don't forget to get your favorite pieces from Southern Ridge Trading Company, you can never have enough chipboard!

Cathy






No comments:

Post a Comment