Monday, June 25, 2018

Leave Ordinary Behind Scrapbook Layout with Charlene Byrd

Charlene here. Thanks for joining me today. There is truly something very special about the hobby we all love. I design scrapbook kits as my business and in doing such, I have always had to take so much time in planning out every page. Know exactly what I’m doing and measuring every piece of paper before I cut it. Design with only the designated products I have for the page. Thanks to Southern Ridge every month I get to create a beautiful layout just for me (it’s actually the only scrapbooking I do for myself)! I get to create without any boundaries, use amazing chipboard pieces, whatever paper inspires me and play with different mediums. Who knew that simply cutting a piece paper without thinking could be so fun! Lol!










Remington, my 18 year old son, has decided to enter a motocross race, his first one since he was about 6 years old. He has always continued to ride, in the mountains over the years and recreationally at the track now but the racing itch has struck him again. This reminded me of the race days when Hunter raced his 4 wheeler and Remington on his little dirt bike, look how little they were!


I started by cutting up the honeycomb chipboard pieces. I decided I wanted to use the zigzag border piece around the outside of the honeycomb. I simply stained them with Walnut Distress Stain. I added it beside one of the photos.




I used Prima Rust Effect paste to distress the chipboard gears and the chain border. You start by dabbing the brown paste all over the chipboard and then add small amounts of the orange and lastly the yellow.

Southern Ridge Trading Company Products Used:

Other Supplies Used:
- Kaisercraft Paper and Diecuts
- Bo Bunny Paper
- Prima Marketing: Rust Effect
- Tim Holtz for Ranger Ink: Walnut Distress Stain

Until next time.
Happy Scrappin!
Charlene



No comments:

Post a Comment