Wednesday, June 27, 2018

Vintage Sewing Card with Jessica Kaiser

Hello friends!


It’s Jess here with another fun project to share with you!

If you love sewing AND vintage, then this project is going to be just for you!!  Isn't it just lovely?  I can't wait to tell you all about this gorgeous HANDMADE CARD.  I used the following Southern Ridge Chipboard products on this card:





Sew.......hahaha (ok, I'm not really that funn).....your first step is the background. I actually adhered a piece of scrap fabric to a piece of cardstock for my base! Next, it was time to get my chipboard pieces all prettied up!  I used a mix of Embossing Powder and some copper Gilding Flakes to create the vintage feel on the sewing machine!




A key tip to working with gilding flakes - don't keep an overhead fan on with an open container (or the air conditioning/furnace vent). Just take my word for it ;)




Gilding flakes are also a fun way to add texture and dimension!  Simply apply a bid of adhesive, lay on your flakes and then brush off the excess. I used a 2 Way Glue Pen to adhere mine.  Once everything was embossed and distressed with gilding flakes, I added a bit of dusty rose & white lace and adhered everything to my fabric covered card.  I felt it needed a little "extra" so I used my Nuvo Crystal Drops in Pearl to create liquid pearls everywhere!  I just LOVED this sentiment which was stamped and embossed with a dark navy blue embossing powder. 






I thought the pearls on the mannequin added the perfect touch. I hope you enjoy this project - I loved making it. 


See you next time!

Jess







No comments:

Post a Comment