Thursday, June 21, 2018

Crafty Art Journal with Emma Ivemey

Hello there!  Emma here with you today to share an art journal page I’ve created using the beautiful chipboard shapes from Southern Ridge.


I’m sure I’m not alone in sometimes going through a creative low patch.  When there’s a lot going on in your life, it can often be difficult to sit down and create.  Maybe you’re thinking “what shall I make”, or perhaps it’s “why do I make”? Creative blocks can be hard to get through.

I think the important thing to remember is that art doesn’t always follow rules, and often it can be helpful to use an art journal to create something spontaneous that comes from your heart.  It’s your journal, and it’s for you to keep entirely to yourself if you like. It’s a great strategy for experimenting with new mediums, or a new stencil.

For this piece, I have used the Vintage Dressmaker Mix set.  I have embellished the chipboard with Tim Holtz Distress Oxide, and also the Distress Crayons.  I loved the metallic look for the sewing machine and scissors.


Southern Ridge Trading Company Supplies Used:


Other Supplies Used:

- Strathmore Mixed Media Ring Bound Sketchbook
- Tim Holtz Ideaology: Printed Tissue Wrap
- Tim Holtz for Ranger Ink: Distress Ink, Distress Oxide Ink and Distress Crayons
- Vicki Boutin for American Crafts: Mixed Media Stencil
- Taylored Expressions: Stamp
- Imagine Crafts: Versafine Clair Ink
- Spectrum Noir: Sparkle Pen
- Close to My Heart: Wooden Clothes Pin and Buttons
- Prima Marketing: Paper Flowers, Lace and Ribbon
- Fabritac Adhesive

Next time you feel you’re in a craft rut, try an art journal page.  You never know what might inspire you next.
Happy crafting!

~~ Emma ~~

No comments:

Post a Comment