Hey Southern Ridge Trading Company fans, Katelyn here. For today's post, I'm excited that I get to share with you a scrapbook layout that I created for my mom for Mother's Day. My Shine scrapbook layout features a variety of our chipboard pieces. You'll want to read below as I share with you how I transformed the chipboard pieces for my Shine Scrapbook Layout.
To start, you'll need three Vintage Scroll Keys. Apply two coats of Hickory Smoke Distress Paint to each key. Once the paint has dried, rub Black Soot and Hickory Smoke Distress Crayon along the edges of the keys.
Next you'll need the large frame from the Abstract Frame Set. Apply two coats of Mustard Seed Distress Paint to the frame. After the paint has dried, rub Black Soot Distress Crayon along the edges of the keys.
Cut the Heart o Graph Doily in half. Apply two coats of Black Gesso to each of the doily pieces.
Take one Queen Anne's Drop from the package. Apply two coats of Ocean Acrylic Paint by Dina Wakley to the chipboard piece.
The last chipboard piece to embellish is the Shine Word. Apply a coat of Emboss It Ink to the word. Sprinkle Onyx Frost Embossing Powder overtop of the word. Tap off the excess powder and emboss with a heat tool.
Once all the patterned papers have been layered all together, I then added the photo and frame. In the bottom right hand side of the layout I layered in the drop, a key, the doily, the Shine word as well as some fussy cut images and a variety of flowers.
In the top left hand corner of the layout, I layered in the other half of the doily, the two keys as well as some fussy cut images and a variety of flowers.
And here's the finished layout with all the chipboard pieces added.
Southern Ridge Trading Company Supplies Used:
- Carnations: White & Yellow
- Roses 10mm: Light Blue and Black
Other Supplies Used:
- Tim Holtz for Ranger Ink: Distress Ink - Black Soot, Distress Crayons - Black Soot & Hickory Smoke, Distress Paint - Hickory Smoke & Mustard Seed and Blending Tool with Foam
- Dina Wakley for Ranger Ink: Acrylic Paint - Ocean & Black Gesso
- Ranger Ink: Emboss It Ink Dabber
- Emerald Creek Craft Supplies: Onyx Frost Embossing Powder
- Graphic 45: Nature Sketchbook - Nature Sketchbook, Mother Earth, Harmonious Honeybees, Flora Fascination, Wildflower Bouquet, Every Blooming Thing, Plant Kingdom and Beautiful World
- Tombow: Mono Multi Liquid Glue
- Misc: Queen Anne's Lace, White Small Flowers and Heat Tool
Until Next Time!