Now that the first days of sunshine and warmth are upon us I have been daydreaming of summer days at the beach. Those welcome thoughts of days in the sun inspired the project that I am sharing today.
Creating inserts for my various planners has become a full on obsession for me. The darling sea creatures in this chipboard set practically screamed out shaker dashboard. There is nothing more fun than an adorable shaker to fill your day with sunshine. This particular one has three separate layers to fill with goodies. This allows the pieces to float freely without becoming entangled in the bottom of the pouch.
- Using the Yupo paper and alcohol inks create an Ocean background
- Colour the chipboard creatures with mica powders and distress glitter
- As the elements are drying, cut two equal sections out of the page protector (2 layers each). You will want them to be slightly smaller than the dimension of the planner you use.
- Place the two double layered sections into a laminating pouch. Ensure all the edges are perfectly aligned and full covered by laminate film.
- After running pouch through laminator cut the top edge off the pouch allowing it to open on one end.
- Carefully use your fingers to open the layers.
- Slide your Yupo background into the back layer facing the other layers.
- Drop your coloured creatures in each of the pockets along with your sequin mix.
- Use a fuse tool to seal the end shut.
- Fold a sheet of black cardstock in half to create an envelope for the shaker.
- Cut a window out of one side so that you can see the shaker but not the seams.
- Use double sided tape to seal the paper closed.
- Attach another piece of cardstock prepunched for your planner to the spine side.
- Decorate with washi tape.
- Place it in your planner and enjoy.
Southern Ridge Trading Company Products Used:
Other Supplies Used:
- Laminating Film
- Page Protector
- Blue, green sequin mix
- Tim Holtz for Ranger Ink: Distress Glitter - Mica Powders
- Yupo Alchohol Ink Paper
- Alcohol Ink: Blues and Greens
- Fuse Tool
- Washi Tape
- Black Cardstock