Friday, May 11, 2018

Time for Coffee Gift Card with Emma Ivemey


Hello crafty friends!  I’m sure I’m not alone in thinking that coffee is definitely the essential liquid to get us through our busy days.  I’m British, so tea still holds a place in my heart, but most days it’s coffee that is more likely to be in my cup.  (I find wine and crafting do not really go well together.. unless you like wonky embellishments.. 😉).

Today I’d like to share with you a cute “just because” card I made that is perfect for the coffee-loving friend in your life.  


First off, I embossed a piece of light coloured cardstock with this Sizzix timepieces folder.  I lightly added Antique Linen distress ink to the raised parts.  (The ink dries lighter than shown in the photo).  I adhered this to the front of my kraft card base.  I’m using a pre-made side-stepper card base from Crafter’s Companion, but there are many tutorials online for how to make one of your own.


Next, the fun part!  It’s all fun of course, but I do enjoy heat embossing.  I chose one of this awesome set from Southern Ridge -  I Love Coffee


I used some white embossing powder to create a ceramic mug feel, and highlighted the heart with some red stickles.


For the sentiment, I used the Coffee Plans stamp set from SRM Stickers, which I stamped and again embossed with white.  This set also has super-cute coffee bean stamps, which I’ve used with Delicata Bronze ink along the side of the card.


The side-stepper card has the perfect spot to add a gift card, or in this case, a sachet of coffee, as an added bonus.  I’ve adhered this with a glue dot, and again used the Coffee Plans stamp set to add the #caffeineplease in white underneath.

So I think this card is great, but I decided it needed one last embellishment from Southern Ridge:


Here, I’ve used the Pine Branch to perfectly set off my card.  I coloured the branch with Spectrum Noir Illustrator pen in Oak Tree, and then covered in Spectrum Noir Sparkle Pen clear overlay for a little bling.

I love this card, and it was made easy by using Southern Ridge’s amazing products.  There’s definitely something for every occasion.  What gift card will you make today?!

Southern Ridge Trading Company Supplies Used:


Other Supplies Used:

- Crafter's Companion: Kraft Side-Stepper Fancy Card Base
- American Crafts: Beige and Red Textured Cardstock 
- ClearSnap: White Embossing Powder and White Pigment Ink
- Ranger Ink: Tiara Stickles
- SRM Stickers: Coffee Plans Stamp Set 
- Tim Holtz for Ranger Ink: Embossing Ink and Antique Linen Distress Ink
- Imagine Crafts: Bronze Delicata Ink
- Sizzix: Clocks & Print Blocks Textured Impressions Folder
- Spectrum Noir: Illustrator marker & clear overlay Sparkle Pen

Happy crafting!
~~ Emma ~~









No comments:

Post a Comment