I love this simple technique for creating “junk” collages. It gives me a chance to use up odds and ends and leftovers from other packages.
- Base coat the canvas and the Graveyard scene with Black Gesso.
- Apply Black modelling paste to the canvas and place in the gears, branch, fence and stars while still wet.
- Let dry.
- Glue on the Graveyard.
Glue on some more stuff!
- Let dry.
- Dry brush over everything with Metallic Lustre Iced Espresso.
- Dry brush again with Metallic Lustre Orange Flicker.
Dry brush with Cosmic Blue.
Dry brush with Fab Fuchsia and then a little Silver Spark.
Adhere a sticker for the sign.
Southern Ridge Trading Company Supplies Used:
- 8 x 1o Canvas Board (coming soon)
- 9.6"x5.5” Large Graveyard Scene (coming soon)
Other Supplies Used:
- Assorted Halloweenie bits
- Jolee’s Halloween banner sticker
- Aleene’s Tacky Glue
Paints and Mediums Used:
- DecoArt Media Black Gesso
- DecoArt Media Black Modeling Paste
- DecoArt Metallic Lustre’s: Iced Espresso, Orange Flicker, Cosmic Blue, Fab Fuchsia, Silver Spark
¾” flat, Soft stipple brush, stiff brushes for Dry Brushing.
By Deb Antonick