Friday, January 8, 2016

Winter Wonderland

I'm back on the blog today featuring a winter scene card for January's Monthly Challenge. We would love for you to share your projects with us, to do this, you can head over here to read all about the challenge and how to enter your piece or pieces. 
Here's my winter scene card:


Supplies Used: SRTC - Snowflake Chipboard & Cedar Tree Chipboard. Emerald Creek - Soft Fallen Snow Embossing Powder. Tim Holtz/Ranger Distress Ink: Ground Espresso & Vintage Photo. Tim Holtz/Sizzix - Woodlands Die & Birch Tree Die. Imagine Crafts/Tsukineko - Silver Delicata. Bazzill - Brown & Cream Cardstock. Bo Bunny Sleigh Ride - Sleigh Ride, Flurries & Blizzard.

I started by covering the Cedar Tree chipboard piece with Ground Espresso Distress Ink.


Once the Cedar Tree was finished,  I moved on to working on the Snowflakes 713 and 714. I wanted to have some shine coming through the embossing powder, so I added a layer of Silver Delicata. Becuase the Delicata takes longer to dry, I added Soften Fallen Snow Embossing Powder from Emerald Creek Craft Supplies over top of the snowflakes and then heated up the embossing powder. When they were all embossed, some ended up with patches that didn't get a lot of embossing powder, so I added some Ground Espresso Distress Ink over top to give them more of a vintage look. 


Some finishing touches that I added was the Woodlands tree from Sizzix/Tim Holtz, where I inked the edges in Ground Espresso Distress Ink. As well as the Birch Tree die from Sizzix/Tim Holtz, where the knots on the trees were, I blended Vintage Photo and Ground Espresso over top to make the birch trees pop. 

Here is the card with all of the elements together:



Thanks for checking out my card. We can't wait to see you project or projects for the Monthly Challenge. Make sure to check back regularly to see what the rest of the design team members are creating.

Until Next Time!
-Katelyn



No comments:

Post a Comment