Monday, January 4, 2016

Beautiful Birds in Winter

Yes, Macaws can learn to tolerate Winter if acclimated to it.
I love coloring birds.
Although I don't believe I've ever combined a DT Challenge, this one seemed perfect together.
 MiC challenge is "Feathers"
 
Using one of the gorgeous new Beautiful Birds
Majestic Macaw


 
Colored up with Copics
R39, 17, 14
Y38
YR07
YG09
B18, 16, 14
C10
Edges were distressed and Inked then frantage added.
 
Adding some "Winter" Pine Cones with frantage to keep in theme of our challenge at SRTC.
 
I also added some Maple Branch.
 
I know, leaves in Winter?
Well, we've just returned from AZ and I promise they have full leaved trees.
 
On the leave, I've drawn in some veining then inked the edges for shadow.
Finally adding some gesso with a brush to add some snow.
 
I also added a bit of MiC flourish called Floral Swirls.
 
make sure to pop your entry in here
 


1 comment:

  1. This is a gorgeous card, Dorinda! Love the combination of colours and textures you used.
    {julia}

    ReplyDelete