Monday, June 3, 2019

Father's Day Gift Idea with Karla Yungwirth

Hello friends! It’s Karla here today with a Father’s Day gift idea for you using the Southern Ridge Trading Company Vintage Truck and Nuts and Bolts Chipboard along with the Medium size Multi Gear Stencil. My husband recently found this photo of his grandpa and shared it with me. I thought it would be a great photo to print off and present to him for Father’s Day! His grandpa was an awesome man, and even though I didn’t get to meet him until he was much older, I knew that he was a very important person in my husband’s life. He worked for many years as a mechanic, so as soon as I saw the truck and nuts & bolts chipboard pieces and the gear stencil I knew they would work perfectly all together.


I started off by staining a wooden frame from Michaels with Ranger Distress Stains by Tim Holtz. I have to admit, I haven’t used these for a while, and I was even thinking about giving them away, but I really love how they covered the wood! I added the Tea Dye first and then used some of the Vintage Photo to darken spots to give a weathered look.


I then took some Walnut Stain Distress Ink and the Multi Gear Stencil and sponged the top left and bottom right areas lightly. I have used this stencil so many times – it’s definitely one of my favourites!


Next I used various mists and stains to paint in the Nuts and Bolts and Vintage Truck Chipboard pieces. I found that by dipping a thin paintbrush into the bottles I could control the mist and add the details. The truck is so intricately cut – it’s amazing!


I stamped a sentiment from one of the Kelly Creates traceable stamp sets using Black Archival Ink across the top of the frame.


A bit of hot glue attached all the chipboard pieces to the frame.


I love how this turned out, and I know my husband will be surprised on Father’s Day and love it too!


Southern Ridge Trading Company Supplies Used:


Other Supplies Used:

- Wooden Frame from Michaels
- Tim Holtz for Ranger Ink: Distress Stains, Spray Stains and Ink 
- Dyan Reavley for Ranger Ink: Dylusions Ink Spray
- Tattered Angels Mists
- Kelly Creates: Traceable Stamp Set

Thanks so much for stopping by! Be sure to head over to the Southern Ridge Trading Company Shop to pick up supplies to create a Father’s Day project – or grab a little something for yourself! Have an awesome week my friends!

Hugs,
Karla









No comments:

Post a Comment