Monday, September 3, 2018

Traveler's Journal with Cathy Potosky

Happy September everyone! I'm not saying fall yet, a few more days of summer is okay with me now that it's not 35 degrees here.

My project is a travelers journal, using the Eileen Hull die. This one is going to a friend with some inserts I created.

I started by spraying my cover (and my desk, phone etc) with Dylusions sprays and a Prima Bloom colour for the shimmer. When that was dry I stenciled in white and hickory smoke using a couple of TH stencils. I found a piece of canvas in my stash, stenciled that in Dylusions paint to add a pocket on the inside of my cover. I moved all those aside to dry.




I pulled out my SRTC chipboard pieces and got them ready for the cover. I used the small and medium size from the  Dandelion Seed Stems set. I embossed the flower part with Emerald Creek Soft Fallen Snow and did the stems with Finnabair Wax in Emerald.


Using the Dylusions Calypso Teal I painted my Barbed Wire Heart Frame and prepped my butterfly from the Butterfly Swirl Combo and covered it with mixed media medium, waited for it to be tacky then foiled it in blue.

Now that all my pieces were ready and dry, I could put all my items on my journal.


I attached my dandelion pieces first because I wanted them to be my focal point. I then added a few rub ons, a couple of stamped images and I set a little brad into melted embossing powder.


I love the dandelions. And the sparkle from the Soft Fallen Snow was just the right touch. On my inside pocket I attached my barbed wire heart with Glossy Accents so it would hold well on the fabric.


On the back cover I attached a glassine envelope to hold little bits in. I wanted the tab to stay "closed" so I attached my foiled butterfly to it. Pretty touch and just enough to keep the flap down.


And one last close up, my dandelions! 


Southern Ridge Trading Company Supplies Used:


Other Supplies Used:

- Emerald Creek Embossing Powder: Soft Fallen Snow Embossing Powder, Baked Texture - Patina Oxide Embossing Powder and Brads
- Dylusions: Dylusions Spray - Lemon Zest, Pure Sunshine, Squeezed Orange, Vibrant Turquoise & Fresh Lime and Dylusions Paint - Calypso Teal
- Rebekah Meier Mixed Media Medium and Three Tags Stencil
- Artful Maven November Stamp Set
- Tim Holtz for Ranger Ink: Distress Paint - Hickory Smoke and Picket Fence
- Tim Holtz Ideaology: Glassine Envelopes, Canvas Substrate, Quote Chips, Mini Motivational Stamp Set and Rub Ons
- Tim Holtz for Stampers Anonymous: Wildflowers Layering Stencil and Swirls Layering Stencil
- Ranger Ink: Foil - Vintage

Thank you all for stopping by and make sure you head over to get your chipboard pieces for your next project!

- Cathy







No comments:

Post a Comment