Wednesday, September 19, 2018

Dreamcatcher with Jessica Kaiser

Hello friends!


It’s Jess here today with my final Design Team Project!  I have truly enjoyed every minute of being on this team and I can’t wait to see what the new designers create!  I know I will be inspired 😊

I used the following Southern Ridge Trading Company products on this project:



So, I wanted to really think outside the box this time – so I went for it!  . PLUS, it's a fabulous project to use up all those bits and pieces of scrap ribbon and trims we all have kicking around the craft space!!  Let's get crafting!

First, I covered an 8" Brass Dreamcatcher ring with a burlap ribbon. I used some Tear-ific Tape to keep it nice and adhered.




Next, I decorated my feathers!  I used my Nuvo Embellishment Mousses in Fresh Copper, Aquamarine, Toasted Almond and Coastal Surf. I just used a sponge to colour both sides. I added a bit of Nuvo Glimmer Paste in Moonstone to one of the feathers as well, using a palette knife to apply.  I tried to use a stencil, but it really didn't leave an effect, so I didn't really include that in my instructions. 
  
The ribbon trims were all tied onto the bottom of the dreamcatcher ring.  I used some embroidery floss to tie my feathers on and accented with some copper leaves, beads and wire. 








Here are the supplies I used:

Southern Ridge Trading Company Supplies Used:


Other Supplies Used:

- Tonic Studios: Nuvo Embellishment Mousse - Toasted Almond, Fresh Copper, Aquamarine & Coastal Surf and Nuvo Glimmer Paste - Moonstone
- Palette Knife
- Sponge
- Ribbon Trim, Burlap Trim and Sequin Trim
- Tear-ific Tape
- 8" DreamCatcher ring
- Embroidery Floss 
- Miscellaneous Wire Trims


Thanks for stopping by! 

Jess






No comments:

Post a Comment