Monday, November 4, 2019

Peace Christmas Decor Tag with Karla Yungwirth

Hello friends! Karla here today with a beautiful Christmas decor tag using some fun and festive products from the Southern Ridge Trading Company Shop – a Chipboard Tag (coming soon), the 3x3 Star Stencil and Soda Fizz Stencil,  the Peace sentiment from the Words Of Christmas set and two trees from the Cedar Trees pack.


First I covered a medium size tag with Wild Whisper/Pam Bray Winter and Christmas paper.


I then used Golden Glow Cosmic Shimmer Opal Polish around edges of the tag for a bright gold shimmer. I used Nuvo Mustard Seed Expanding Mousse through the SRTC mini star stencil, heating with a heat gun to puff. I’ve used this star stencil on lots of projects and love how stars go with any theme!


I stamped the Wild Whisper deer head on cardstock and coloured it in by sponging on Distress Inks. Then I diecut a window from more of the Wild Whisper paper using the Studio Katia Elegant Scallop Oval die inside a Kaisercraft stitched square die, and I added some Distress Ink around the edge.


I misted two trees with Distress Oxide Sprays and then used Ranger Texture Paste through the Soda Fizz Stencil to create a snowy effect. Because the mist wasn’t quite dry before I added the paste the white took on some of the green colour, which I love! This stencil is one of my favourites too!


I glued on the Peace sentiment and added a pretty bow from my stash. I have to say it matches perfectly 😉


I glued on the trees and added a few Studio Katia gold gems for just a little extra bling!


Now I can display my Christmas tag or give it to someone special this holiday season!


Southern Ridge Trading Company Supplies Used:

- Chipboard Tag (coming soon)

Other Supplies Used:

- Wild Whisper Designs: Paper and Stamps
- Cosmic Shimmer Opal Polish
- Nuvo Expanding Mousse
- Studio Katia Die & Gems
- Kaisercraft Die
- Ranger Ink: Texture Paste
- Tim Holtz for Ranger Ink: Distress Inks and Distress Oxide Sprays

Thanks so much for stopping by today! Be sure to head over to the Southern Ridge Trading Company Shop to pick out your favourite goodies and get crafting!
Hugs, Karla


2 comments: