Monday, January 28, 2019

So In Love Scrapbook Layout with Karla Yungwirth


Hello friends! It’s Karla back today with a scrapbook layout of my youngest daughter and our family. Those baby days went so fast and were so busy that I’m glad I’m finally getting to create some pages of this special time. I’m featuring the Love Chipboard, the XOXO Chipboard and the Heart stencil on this double page layout today, and while I had originally planned to use these on Valentines Day cards or tags, I just love how they worked for these pages. You could also use them for a wedding or anniversary theme!


I decided to emboss the Love Chipboard embellishment with Emerald Creek Magical Mysteries Embossing Powders in Dragon’s Egg and Kiss of the Fairy, creating an ombre effect. This worked great for my title after stamping the ‘So In’ sentiment using a Ranger Letter It stamp set. I really love mixing fonts for titles to create extra interest.  I combined several papers including Cocoa Vanilla Midnight, Maggie Holmes Bloom and some handmade watercolour paper that my oldest daughter, Stephanie, created for me for my birthday!


I used the January sketch from the Scrapbook & Cards Today SCT 2019 365 Online Class. I love using sketches as a way to start my pages! I stamped some cute Hello Bluebird stamps creating a little subtitle under the Polaroid frame and used some Distress Oxide inks to sponge various edges.


Using the Heart Stencil in the 6x6 size I first lightly inked the background using Distress Oxide Inks in pink and orange and then added a Shimmerz texture paste to add glimmer. Some SpiegelMom Scraps and Studio Katia sequins, along with various diecut ephemera embellishments and buttons, added just a bit more bling!


I fussy cut some of the gorgeous flowers from the watercolour paper my daughter gave me and then embellished the XOXO Chipboard with Emerald Creek Magical Mysteries Mermaid Fin and Baked Velvet Dusk, Lim and Aegean Sea Powders. I love how easy it is to customize the chipboard to match whatever project I’m making!


Southern Ridge Trading Company Supplies Used:


Other Supplies Used:

- Emerald Creek Craft Supplies: Magical Mysteries - Kiss Of The Fairy, Mermaid Fin & Dragons Egg Embossing Powder and Seth Apter - Baked Velvet Embossing Powder: Mediterranean Kit 
- Stamps by Hello Bluebird, Ranger and BoBunny
- Patterned Paper and Embellishments by Maggie Holmes, Cocoa Vanilla and Handpainted papers by Stephanie O’Handley
- Sequins by SpiegelMom Scraps and Studio Katia
- Ranger Ink: Distress Oxide Inks
- Shimmerz Puttin On The Glitz Paste-Eez

Thanks so much for stopping by today! Be sure to head over to the Southern Ridge Trading Company Shop to see what goodies you find to inspire your crafting!

Hugs,
Karla






No comments:

Post a Comment