Saturday, February 15, 2020

Masculine Happy Birthday Card with Nancy Nickel

Hello, everyone! It's Nancy back with you today.
I have made a Masculine Birthday card, using a fun glitter design technique,along with some fabulous chipboard pieces from Southern Ridge Trading Company!
Here's the card I made: 


I'm afraid I don't have any process photos for you.
It's sometimes hard enough to get regular photos this time of year
but getting good photos of all this glitter was even more difficult. ;o)
This is a fun technique that I've been wanting to try for ages,
so I'll walk you through it.


I began by making an A2 tent-fold card from black cardstock.
I then cut a piece of sticker paper at 4" x 5 1/4".
I peeled back the protective layer from the sticker paper,
and adhered the stencil in place.
I thought this stencil was perfect for a masculine birthday card,
as it's all full of gears and numbers.


Once the stencil was securely in place,
I generously sprinkled it with the blue glitter.
Using my fingers, I burnished it all very well,
then gave it a really thorough brushing with the glitter brush.
Then I peeled off the stencil,
and generously sprinkled it with the silver glitter.
I repeated the burnishing and brushing,
and was left with a fabulous glittered design!
It's so fun and easy, and I think it's very effective!


Next, I took my chipboard "Happy Birthday"
and inked it up with embossing ink.
I sprinkled it with black embossing powder,
and heat set it.
Now the words are so dark and shiny!


To finish off the card,
I adhered the glittered piece onto the card base with foam tape.
Then I adhered the chipboard in place on the card front.


I can't wait to try this technique with another stencil!
It's so much fun to do!

* * * * * 

Southern Ridge Trading Company Products Used:


Other Supplies Used:

- Papers: Recollections - Cardstock
- Sticker Paper
- Glitter: Glitters Galore - Blue Jewel, Reflection
- Glitter Brush
- Stencil: Carabelle Studio
- ScraPerfect - Best Glue Ever, Perfect Cleaning Cloth
 - Embossing Powder: Glitters Galore - Black Detail
- Embossing Ink: Stampendous

* * * * *
Thanks so much for stopping by today!
I'll be back soon with more creative fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment