Tuesday, February 27, 2018

Happy Birthday Tag with Katelyn Grosart

Hey there Southern Ridge Trading Company fans, Katelyn here. I'm ready for spring to arrive here on Vancouver Island and with the sun shining all weekend, it feels like there might be a bit of hope that Spring will be arriving soon. So, with the nice weather as inspiration, I've created a spring themed Happy Birthday Tag. You'll want to read below as I share with you how I embellished the chipboard elements on my Happy Birthday Tag.


For the background I covered the Chipboard Tag in a piece of book page from an old book. With the book page down, I layered on Broken China, Mustard Seed and Cracked Pistachio Distress Paint on the book page. After the paint had dried, I laid the Tiny Bubbles Stencil over top of the tag and went over the stencil with a baby wipe that had white paint on it. Lift up the stencil and you end up with little areas of white showing. Rub Walnut Stain Distress Crayon along the edges of the tag.


At the bottom of the tag, I used Vintage Photo Distress Ink to ink the Heart o Graph Drop. The Happy Birthday chipboard sentiment was embossed with Burnt Copper Leaves Embossing Powder. For the butterfly I applied two coats of Cracked Pistachio Distress Paint. Once the butterfly dried, I embossed it with a thin layer of Fine Clear Gloss Embossing Powder. 


To embellish the Dandelion Seed Stems, paint the stem with two coats of Peeled Paint Distress Paint and paint the fluff part with two coats of white gesso.


On the top portion of the tag, I applied two coats of Broken China Distress Paint to a butterfly. Once the butterfly dried, I embossed it with a thin layer of Fine Clear Gloss Embossing Powder. To finish the tag, add a ribbon bow.


And here's the finished Happy Birthday tag.


Southern Ridge Trading Company Supplies Used:

- Tiny Bubbles Stencil

Other Supplies Used:

- Emerald Creek Craft Supplies: Burnt Copper Leaves Embossing Powder and Fine Clear Gloss Embossing Powder
- Ranger Ink: Emboss It Ink Dabber
- Tim Holtz for Ranger Ink: Distress Ink - Vintage Photo, Distress Crayon - Walnut Stain, Distress Paint - Cracked Pistachio, Mustard Seed, Broken China & Peeled Paint, Distress Collage Medium - Matte and Blending Tool with Foam
- Dylusions: White Linen Paint
- Prima Marketing: Art Basics - Heavy Gesso: White
- Tombow: Mono Multi Liquid Glue
- Misc: Book Page and Heat Tool 

Until Next Time!

- Katelyn






No comments:

Post a Comment