Wednesday, May 6, 2015

It's a beautiful thing

 
Life is beautiful!
 
A baby's birth, watching two people in love, nature: it's all beautiful
 
This month at SRTC, we are celebrating Spring.
Yes, our challenge is Spring.
 
How beautiful is that?
 
For my Spring creation, I've used one of the new releases
and another piece
I've separated the third butterfly, keeping his shape
to spread out the design.
 

 
So many people paper piece and to be honest, I've not really tried it.
These birds were just calling for some realism and I know I'm not that artistic
so I thought I'd give the piecing a try.
 
Taking a couple images from free wallpaper, removing the background to leave just the bird:
I've then, adjusted their size to fit my chipboard. I had to "piece" a couple of parts but
I love the way it turned out.
Then, I colored the butterflies with Derwent Inktense, added some stickles for dimension.
To finish up, I added a Doodle Inspire Word from Make it Crafty and a few stamps

I hope you like it and I wish you a beautiful day!!
Hugs,
Dorinda


2 comments: