Monday, March 6, 2017

Shabby Chic Mini Album with Charlene Byrd

Hello Blogger friends,

Charlene here!

So in my mind I had great plans to create a wonderful new layout to share with you today but of course life doesn’t always happen the way it’s suppose to! We’ve been building an addition onto our house that was suppose to take about 8 weeks - we’re now at 5 months! And the basement of this addition goes from my old scrapbook studio to what’s going to be my new scrapbook studio. My existing studio has been under drop cloths for about a month now so designing has been challenging to say the least. Every time I want to work I have to uncover my desk...not that bad but a bit of a pain.

Anyway, when Karen told her design team that our chipboard packages would be arriving last week somehow I just knew that everything was going to happen all at the same time. I took on extra hours at my paying job so I worked a full week until Saturday afternoon and our contractor finally finished the drywall mudding on Friday so that meant that I could finally clean up all the dust that has accumulated in my entire house and start painting my new scrapbook studio. Yay! As I was painting early yesterday morning I realized that my design blog post needed to be published on Monday. YIKES!


So today I’m sharing with you a mini album that I put together and shared at the Creativation Show. You may have seen some of the pages that I had created previously but I designed the cover and bound the pages to show off the completed album at the show. I love the colours, the grundgy’ness and especially all the Southern Ridge chipboard that I used!




















Southern Ridge Trading Company Chipboard:


Thanks for stopping by.

Happy Creating!!

Charlene






2 comments:

  1. Beautiful. I see some real inspiration and some techniques I can use. Thanks so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful project, I totally love your style!! I need to spend a weekend just scraplifting and playing!! So many great layers, I wish I had taken a closer look at your book live!!!

    ReplyDelete