Hello Inky friends Karen Bearse here to give a quick tutorial on making a canvas that is shiny, shimmery, and makes a great keepsake.
I started with a Photo Mat. After positioning my title for placement, using stencils by Southern Ridge Trading Co. and Ranger Texture Paste was a good place to create some interesting patterns.
Simply spread the paste through a few different stencils using a spatula. Add some Art Stones with 3D Gloss Gel and let dry completely.
After covering my chippies in gesso and letting it dry it was time to paint. I love the look of this metallique paint by Prima. The arrow was painted with Light Patina and then distressed using Rich Copper wax.
For the background I simply chose 3 colours of paint & dry brushed it on letting the colours blend a little. This paint is super luscious and metallic, so fabulous. Once this was dry I used the Rich Copper wax and brushed it on to add some highlights.
Using a script stamp emboss in a few random places to add a little interest. The feathers were covered in gesso and added some Distress Oxides with a spritz of water. The challenge is the ink did not want to show up very well so I added some paint.
Here is a close up of the crackle paste with the paint so pretty! I hope you get a chance this week to create a framed piece of art! Make sure you check out the new release of chippies!
Southern Ridge Trading Co. Supplies Used:
- Dreamcatcher Corner 6x6 (coming soon)
- Tribal Feathers (coming soon)
Other Supplies Used:
- Crescent Photo Mat Board 8x10
- Emerald Creek Craft Supplies: Salted Navy Enamel Embossing Powder
- Prima Marketing: Finnabair Acrylic Paints (Opal Magic): Emerald Green, Green Olive, Deep Waters, Light Patina, Pure Sunshine, Black Berry, Green Gold & Rich Copper Wax & Art Stones.
- Ranger Ink: Texture Paste - Opaque
- Stamps by Darkroom Door