Thursday, January 2, 2020

Festive Mini Album with Karla Yungwirth

Hello friends and Happy New Year! Karla back today with a cute and festive mini album using the Itty Bitty SnowflakesSnowflakes 713Soda Fizz Stencil and adorable Mini Album from the Southern Ridge Trading Company Shop. December always seems to pass so quickly, and I never really get everything done that I want to do, so I decided to take some time to make this sweet tiny mini album with the December Scrapbook & Cards Today Sampler pack, which included these fun Doodlebug Designs Christmas papers, stickers and ephemera and embellish it with the SR chipboard and stencil products.


I started off by tracing each tiny chipboard page (2.5”square) onto the desired patterned paper, which I then cut out and inked around the edges. I used a Crop-A-Dile punch to cut the holes from the paper and then glued each onto the chipboard.


I recently won some beautiful Viva Decor Inka Gold paints from the 12 Days Of Giving contest by Creative Scrapbooker Magazine, and these were the perfect paints to coat the snowflakes! I just dabbed the sponge lightly into the paint and rubbed it on the chipboard. It dried quickly and gives a beautiful sheen.


I again used the Silver paint with the Southern Ridge Soda Fizz stencil on a couple pages for a snowy effect. This is one of my most used stencils!!


After all my pages were prepared I went ahead and embellished each one. You could easily make extra pages and tuck in some photos from your Christmas! I absolutely love the tiny Itty Bitty Snowflakes!! They are just perfect to quickly dress up any cards, scrapbook pages or tags. I even added some sequins to them for extra shine. This cute dimensional gingerbread sticker was perfect for the cover of the album.  I connected the pages with some hemp twine and blue ribbon from my stash and then made a little tassel to hang on the side. I added another little snowflake directly to the tassel.


Here’s a look at each of the inside pages:










The paper on the back of the album was so cute I decided to leave it the way it was.


I had so much fun making this album!! I’ll definitely be putting this keepsake with my Christmas decorations – it might even hang on my tree next year!

Southern Ridge Trading Company Supplies Used:


Other Supplies Used:

- SCT Sampler Pack, including Doodlebug Designs paper, stickers & ephemera and CTMH Felt Embellishments
- Krafty Kolours Ink
- Viva Décor: Inka Gold Metallic Inks
- SpiegelMom Scraps Sequins

Thanks so much for stopping by! I hope you are having a wonderful start to the year and that 2020 brings awesome things your way!

Hugs,
Karla






6 comments: