It has been a long winter and the hint of spring is in the air, and that means buds on the trees, patio furniture and walks along the beach.
For these little houses I started with some little MDF arrows, but you could easily just cut these from cardboard, some beachy scrapbook papers, and Mini Chipboard elements.
Trim the papers to fit the arrows and adhere with DecoArt Decoupage Matte.
Basecoat all the chipboard pieces with Gesso.
Paint the pieces in a coordinating colour. I chose to use a Whispering Turquoise and Light Buttermilk.
Shade all the pieces with DecoArt Media Burnt Umber.
Highlight the pieces with DecoArt Media Titanium White.
Adhere all the Chipboard pieces with glue.
Stamp Beachy words onto paper and cut out. Adhere to the houses with the Decoupage Matte Medium.
I used some of the remaining stamps to fill up some of the empty spaces.
Paint the palms and the grass with DecoArt Media Green Gold.
I outlined everything with the Stabilo pencil and went over it with a damp liner brush. If you prefer, you can use a permanent black marker.
Embellish with some tiny crystals.
Southern Ridge Trading Company Products Used:
- 2.7” x 2.3” Beach Chairs from Deb's Mini Beach Kit
Other Supplies Used:
- DecoArt Acrylics: Whispering Turquoise and Light Buttermilk
- DecoArt Media: Gesso, Burnt Umber and Green Gold
- DecoArt Decoupage Matte
- Stabilo pencil, or permanent black marker
- Tiny crystals
- Aleene’s Tacky Glue
- DecoArt Matte Sealer Finisher Spray (seals the Stabilo pencil)
- Scrapbook paper: A Day at the Beach by The Paper Studio
- Stamp: Seaside Chair SSC1225 www.stampendous.com
- Arrows: #31-L535 www.cdwood.com
By Deb Antonick