Monday, March 13, 2017

Vintage Love Card with Corina Finley


Thanks so much for joining me today here on the Southern Ridge blog!

I have been playing with 'new to me' products and enjoying the creative process. I had a plan to create a vintage card using the Love Chipboard Embellishment and book pages of an old copy of Romeo and Juliet.


To create my background of my card, I used white cardstock, the Heart Stencil from Southern Ridge and Ranger Texture paste. I applied a thin layer of texture paste with a plastic palette knife, removed the stencil and set the piece of cardstock aside to air dry.


I tore one page out of my old book.  I then tore that page into pieces - as you can see in the picture above. 

Using a paint brush and Rangers Distress Collage Medium, I adhered and overlapped the torn page pieces to the top of the Love Chipboard.


I used Ranger Distress Spray in Vintage Photo to colour the background panel. I used paper towel to remover some of the spray from the texture paste raised hearts. I also used a glitter pen to add highlights to the raised hearts.

To create the card base, I layered a book page to a dark brown piece of cardstock. I added stitching with my sewing machine. I took the dried background panel, distressed the edges and adhered it to the top.


I added flowers, buttons, twine & lace to embellish and finish off my card!

Southern Ridge Trading Company Products Used: 


- LOVE


Remember to take a look at the Southern Ridge Trading Company website -Chipboard.ca for great Chipboard designs for your next card or project!

Thanks for joining me today!

Take care,

Live, Laugh & Create!

3 comments:

  1. Love the colours. The flowers set it off nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love how you used the book paper and spray great idea and cool project

    ReplyDelete