Tuesday, October 15, 2019

Joy Tag with Nancy Nickel

Hello, everyone! It's Nancy here with you today!
I'm so happy to be a part of this very talented Design Team,
and I'm looking forward to inspiring you with my projects
in the months ahead.

For my first project I have created a tag:


Here's how I did it:

I began by creating a tag base for my chipboard pieces.
I cut one from kraft, then a layer from navy cardstock,
and then a final layer from a printable quilt pattern.
I distressed all the edges with a distressing tool.
Once they were all adhered together,
I inserted a matching eyelet to the top of the tag,
and then added a variety of ribbons and rick rack through the eyelet.


Then it was time to play with my chipboard.
I used the dress form from the Dressmaker Mix,
and the "Joy" from the Words of Christmas Set.
Then I took the Heart o Graph Doily and cut 1/4 of it out.
This cut very easily with a pair of scissors.


Next, I chose some inks that coordinated with the background paper,
and used these to colour my chipboard, using an ink blending tool.
I use Distress Oxide inks in:
Worn Lipstick,
Peeled Paint,
and Broken China.
Since I wanted the doily to be navy,
I added some Chipped Sapphire Distress Ink.
This gave me the perfect navy with the look of the Oxide ink. 


Once the chipboard was dry,
I adhered it in place on my prepared tag.
Finally, I added some small, rather sheer flowers, from my stash.
One went on the dress form, and three on the doily.
I didn't want solid flowers that would cover all the doily details.


Here's a closer look at the dress form:


Here you can see the detail of the dress from base,
and the lovely doily:


Here is the top of the tag.
The ribbons, seam binding, and rick rack really fit the theme of the tag.


Here's one final look at the finished tag.
I think this tag would be lovely for anyone that enJOYs quilting!



Southern Ridge Trading Company Products:


Other Materials Used:

- Papers: Recollections Cardstock
- Digital Paper: Gecko Galz - Country Stitches Paper Pack
- Tim Holtz for Ranger Ink: Distress Ink - Chipped Sapphire and 
Distress Oxide Ink - Worn Lipstick, Peeled Paint, Broken China
- Unknown: Ribbons, and Flowers.

* * * * *
Thanks so much for stopping in today!
I'll have another project share for you soon!

* * * * *

No comments:

Post a Comment