Friday, September 1, 2017

An Elegant Fall with Tracy Moreau

My favourite season, I love the crisp clear mornings, the cool air and most especially ... the colours! Vibrant oranges, rust tones and lovely yellows ... all of these blended with the sparkle of a bit of Metallic, lend a little elegance to the season. Thats what I tried to bring a little of to this piece. It's simple and depends entirely on bold colour, a little metallic and shadows.  


I used a single Skeleton Maple Leaf and the Victorian Circle Square Die. I added a few 1/4" cuttings of dowel and a 6x6 artists panel. Some pretty metallics and a minimal palette of Black, Burnt Sienna, Spiced Pumpkin, and Mustard Seed.


I applied a slip slap base coat and blended Spiced Pumpkin, Burnt Sienna and a touch of Mustard Seed. Then base coated the Victorian Circle Square die, with a generous coat of Lamp Black. I let it dry then traced the word "Fall" onto the upper right side of the Victorian Circle Square. I then used a #2 Rigger to paint the lettering with Spiced Pumpkin.

The Skeleton Maple Leaf is sponged with 24kt Gold, Bronze, Copper and a bit of Olive Green and Sapphire Metallic. ( I couldn't resist ... I added a touch of the Bronze and Copper to a few spots on the Circle Square).



I painted all of the 1/4" pieces of dowel with Lamp Black, then glued one to the back of the Skeleton Maple Leaf and 4 to the back of the Victorian Circle Square Frame. I let them dry and then glued the Circle Square to the Art Panel, then I glued the Maple Leaf to the Square. A light spritz with some Matte Spray and a light sprinkle of Glitter just for some added sparkle!





You will Need:

Southern Ridge Trading Company Products Used:


Other Supplies Used:

DecoArt Americana: Americana Acrylics - Burnt Sienna, Spiced Pumpkin, Mustard Seed and Lamp Black, DecoArt Metallics - 24 kt Gold, Copper, Bronze, Olive Green and Sapphire and DecoArt Glamour Dust - Matt Spray
- Desserre: 6x6 Wooden Art Panel
- Gorilla Glue

Designed By: Tracy Moreau




























 

No comments:

Post a Comment