I am participating in a free class, Artful Adventures by Nathalie Kalbach. It is a wonderful idea about taking photos while "strolling through your hood" & documenting with these photos where you live. It is a 30 day challenge & will also give ideas about how to use your photos in your art. I decided to make a journal book that is fabulous on the outside & simple on the inside to document my strolling.
The design team as you have seen are playing with the wonderful new Dragonfly release. Here is my project using the journal book. It measures almost 4”x8”, has a delicate dragonfly design cut into the cover & comes with the “My Journal” title. I wanted this book to look grungy & metallic. I played with all kinds of products, layering & playing.
Adding Deco Foil to my title & chippies on the inside was an idea I had early on. I knew I wanted the inside of the dragonfly to be one of the watercolour foils showing through from behind. I have a tutorial on my blog with various foiling techniques on adding the foil to chippies.
I thought I would give you a peak at a few pages inside the book. The book comes with chippie inserts but I saved those for another project & added double sided paper for the pages. Wanting the photos to take center stage, meant keeping the pages simple. This book is about the photos & the stories. Another thing I am trying to do in general is use my stash! We all have lots of supplies so this is a way to add old to the new.
A fun place to use different papers, stamps and some stickers, post-it notes.
I will continue building my book as the class challenge goes on. The front & back inside covers are the same, each having a pocket to put something fabulous in!
Southern Ridge Trading Co. Supplies Used:
Other Supplies Used:
- Therm.o.web: Deco Foil Transfer Sheets - Amber, Emerald Lapis Watercolour and Aqua, Deco Foil Liquid, Pen Adhesives and Transfer Gel, Peel & Stick Toner Sheets
- Tattered Angels: Glimmer Mist - Black Magic & Sterling, Chalkboard Spray in Charcoal
- Finnabair Art Alchemy by Prima Marketing: Acrylic Metallique - Royal Red & Emerald Green, Acrylic Opal Magic - Pink Blue, Metallique Wax - Rich Copper & Aged Brass
- Frank Garcia Artisan Powder by Prima Marketing: French Blue & Trianon Patina
- Ranger Ink: Texture Paste Opaque Crackle & Matte
- Graphic 45: Nature Sketchbook
- Paper Studio: Patterned Paper
- Tombow: Mono Glue
Hop on over to my blog to see more photos & a Deco Foil tutorial on these chipboard pieces. I am also having the world’s smallest (I assume) blog hop & you could win a prize! hope you join in on all the fun!