Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Relax- Guest Blogger

Nicole here and I'm back again for a little "RELAX-ation" post.  A little break from those long winter days where the dark and snow never seem to end!  I have just returned from a family holiday so looks like fun in the sun was on my mind.  I knew as soon as I saw this Relax Welded Word it would involve somehow a beachy scene.
 
I started with the Eileen Hull Canister die from the recent Vintage Kitchen release.  I had no idea where I was going.
 


I used distress paint to ink the sand and SRTC sea horse.  I used my spritzer and distress marker chipped sapphire and the speckles stencil for his spots.  Then crackled.


I cut some spring greenery for the plants with core paper.


I grabbed a tattered pinecone flower from my handy jar of pre-made flowers and attached.  I attached the little SR Leaf behind the tattered pinecone flower.  These added cuts make all the difference for layering!



For the top of the canister die I used a mini cabinet card.  I used Wendy Vecchi embossing texture paste then tucked this All Occasions card in it. 



I inked the Southern Ridge Trading Company chipboard "Relax" with distress paints, shabby shutters, peeled paint and tumbled glass.




I used twine to frame everything out.  It has a nautical look.


Thanks for stopping by!  I hope this gets you inspired to layer too!







No comments:

Post a Comment