Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Boo!!!

Every year my kiddos have a theme to their Halloween.
Maybe it's because I started them out that way.
One year, we were the Wizard of Oz characters
One year pirates,
One year superheros. You get the idea.
Well, this year I have failed.
My kiddos have come into their own and have all gone different directions.
The devastation!!! 
So, I decided to theme my frame that will hold our family picture.
 
using
CEL-413
and the spooky house


I purchase the black frame.
Using cheesecloth, gesso and acrylic, I applied gesso to the cheesecloth
and dabbed it on the frame to give texture and lighten it up a bit.
Doing the same with the acrylic but covering less area.
 
 On the web, I've used black embossing power
 and then added Ranger Holographic embossing powder.
 
Versamark pen was used to draw where I wanted to roof and gates; then I embossed with purple metallic and copper glitter by Zing
Afterwards, I used Ranger DI to edge and emphasize the detail. Finally frantage was added.
 
The witch and black are black embossing

The text has red glitter emboss to give it a drippy effect.

I hope you and your family have a safe and Happy Halloween.

Spooky Hugs
Dorinda
 


1 comment:

  1. Wonderful and spooky. A Halloween pic will look awesome in the frame.

    ReplyDelete