Saturday, October 18, 2014

Balloon overload ...

            I made this fun 6x6" kids Birthday card using frame FRA-134 from Southern Ridge Trading Co,                               which I painted with acrylic paint and then added some white highlights to:
The idea came from wanting to frame the little Close to My Heart monsters and then for the balloon strings to be interactive with the frame. The middle monster is having a hard time holding into all those balloons ... lol
The balloons are just circle and oval punches, sponged around the edge and embossed in clear powder. It is compulsory when doing balloons to add the white light reflections - adding this suddenly made the balloons seem real and shiny. 

If you look up this frame, FRA-134 you will see that the frame on the website is larger than mine. Guess what, I trimmed it down ! I used my Tonic scissors and just cut off the large corner pieces as I felt they were too ornate for this project, but I loved everything else about the frame and its size. Having a chipboard piece/s doesn't mean you have to use it exactly as is ...

The pieces I cut off are awesome, I am thinking some sort of boarder, maybe in my art journal :
Thanks for stopping by, hope you found some inspiration and ideas here :)
Nikki x

No comments:

Post a Comment